The Thought That Xbox Has No Games Needs To Stop



Ever since this generation started and PS4 became the better selling console this notion of the Xbox not having any games to play has been a thing. Now I will say this upfront that Sony has a stronger first-party line up than Microsoft as a whole. Cause my personal game of the generation is God of War(2018) and that's a PS4 exclusive. But people can't honestly sit there and say that Xbox has nothing to play when they come out with a good bit of exclusives each year that are good if not great! The thing that go me to write this was some of the responses I saw after the Xbox Showcase that just happened and people saying that they didn't see any new exclusive games. I don't know if these people watched the show with a blindfold on and their ears plugged but that's what some were saying. I get not being into all the games but making statements like that is just ignorant. I also want to get out of the way that I like all the consoles. This isn't meant to be some kind of "Xbox is better than PlayStation" kinda of thing cause I think that argument is also stupid. I do prefer the Xbox controller and achievements so I play most third-party games on Xbox but not all of them.

Xbox Game Pass is the biggest and best thing that Xbox has going and they know it. And it's the best dealing in gaming to me. Every single Xbox exclusive that comes out is just on there day one. Like the fact that every single game that was shown at the Xbox Showcase is going to be on Game Pass is crazy! If it weren't for Game Pass I would've had to wait to play so many games this year and last. Take a game like The Outer Worlds as an example. I was looking forward to it but I probably would've had to wait a while to play it cause of financial reasons but since it was on Game Pass I got to play it that day and it was one of my favorite games last year! If you had Game Pass Ultimate you got the Ultimate Edition of Gears 5 day one! That's over $100 that you just got! We've never had anything like this before in gaming and it still blows me away that it's still going on and they keep adding great games every month to it. Like you can play the entire Kingdom Hearts saga on there now! Insane! 

Game Pass isn't just about first party games either. It was announced at the show that Destiny 2 and all of it's dlc is coming in September and the new dlc New Light that is coming out in November is also gonna be included! That's huge! The Witcher 3, Batman: Arkham Knight, No Man's Sky, Red Dead Redemption 2, Alien Isolation, Dishonored 2, Final Fantasy XV, Hollow Knight, and three of the Yakuza games are just some of the big name games on there right now. It literally pays for its self when you just play one game. 

So let's talk about what I think Microsoft is currently doing and what the future looks like for them. I think they are going in the direction of Game Pass and letting as many people play games wherever they want. Cause all of their exclusives are coming to PC and will be playable on Xbox One, Xbox One X, and Series X at least for the first year. I get that wanting a graphical powerhouse might be the thing that people want for next gen but maybe this next gen will focus more on games looking close to what they currently do but run smoother and are easier get and cheaper to play. Cause I honestly see games on sale and stop myself and wonder if it will be on Game Pass just to save a few bucks. I think that a service like Game Pass and all digital is the future and I think Microsoft knows that too. I get owning physical media is still something some people want and having stores like GameStop to get cheap games is nice but having a lot of games on a service is just as good in my opinion. Cause having them on a rotation always gives everyone something to play. 

I know that selling consoles is important in the gaming world but, as weird as it is to say this, I don't think Microsoft is too concerned about that. As long as you have an Xbox or PC and play the games on them then they are good. They seem to be more focused on software and that might be the smart move. 

I just get so tired of people talking crap about Xbox like it's a paper weight of a console. It has some great exclusives on it and it's the most consumer friendly console right now. I love my PS4 and Switch but Xbox is always gonna be my home to play most games if I have a choice and it's so weird how the 360 was king and in 7 years Xbox got this reputation of people crapping on it. Xbox made some mistakes out of the gate this gen but they have released some amazing games and done so much consumer friendly stuff that I don't feel they get enough credit for. Cause I know that PlayStation Now exists but it's not to the level of Game pass. Maybe it will be cause that would be awesome! I guess I just don't get shitting on another gaming console if you don't care for some of their games. Just play what you like on whatever machine you prefer! 

Before I get out of here I want to do a list of some of my favorite exclusives for Xbox and if you haven't played these games yet and still want to shit on Xbox then I suggest you check them out or just remain ignorant, your call! All these are on Game Pass by the way: 

The Master Chief Collection (Halo CE, Halo 2 Anniversary, Halo 3, Halo 3: ODST, Halo 4, Halo Reach) 
Gears of War Ultimate Edition
Gears 5
Fable 2
Alan Wake 
Forza Horizon 4 
Ori and the Will of the Wisps 
Quantum Break 
ReCore Definitive Edition 
Rare Replay 



Comments